Sunday, June 21, 2009

Introduction to Crochet Teachers Blog

This blog has a basic goal of being a resource to new and experienced crochet instructors. It will answer two basic questions:
  • what do I do to teach crochet students?
  • what do you do to teach crochet students?

My background: I run the Crocus Needle Arts School in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I teach several needle arts, including Crochet. I have been crocheting for over 5 decades. I have been teaching crochet since 2005. I am a Craft Yarn Council of America Certified Crochet Instructor.

I teach crochet in my living room - lots of comfy chairs, lots of light. I have a small whiteboard for when I have to draw something (this typically happens while I'm teaching how to read a pattern).

My website is http://www.LearnToCrochetCalgary.ca

Future posts will describe some of the things that I do to help my crochet students be successful. So keep an eye on this blog.

And if you have any tips, techniques, comments, or questions - well, you know what to do: post a comment.

Thanks in advance.

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment