Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Handouts and Visual Aids

I do a lot of talking and demonstrating when I'm teaching people to crochet, but the visual learners really need something to take home with them. Here is what I give them.

  1. A handout of the instruction sheets that the Michael's stores use in their classes. I received a whole packet of these sheets from their instructor after I had spent several hours volunteer teaching as part of the Craft Yarn Council of America certification program.
  2. Copies of the Bernat pattern sheets that I use for teaching pattern reading. See the blog entry at http://crochetteachers.blogspot.com/2009/07/pattern-reading-resources.html.
Occasionally, I hand out a schematic of a sweater, to demonstrate where shaping with increases and decreases may be required.

I'm thinking of converting my pattern reading workshop to PowerPoint format. The challenge with this plan is that the typical handout for a PowerPoint slide show is huge, and I'd prefer to only hand out key items. I'm going to have to think about this.

What do you use for handouts and visual aids? Please comment.

Thanks



Judy Obee
My web site

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment